The first place I stopped was Zurich, for a 10 hour layover. My flight was overnight but unfortunately I didn't sleep that well so I was exhausted during the day and didn't see that much, but I got a taste for the city.
| View from Üetilberg. |
After that, I wandered around the city for a while, checking out the sights. Before I got so tired I couldn't walk, I headed to the Zurich Kunsthaus. And what a nice surprise, it was free because I went on Wednesday! (Everything else in Zurich is absurdly expensive.)
I was in Switzerland once before briefly and had rösti for lunch. I was looking for it with no luck (well, not for less than 20 euros!!), but I did find rösti sticks(?) that were kind of like tater tots at the deli in the grocery store. And Orangina was less expensive than Coke! So that was my fancy Swiss meal. I did buy some Swiss chocolates :)
Next stop: Venice.
| Flying to Venice. |
No comments:
Post a Comment