Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Public Spaces – From relaxing to hectic

After parting with Peter in the Meatpacking District, Hendrik and I walked along the Highline park for a little bit. It’s an old railway track that has been turned into a really interesting raised park/walkway. I had read about it a while ago as a potential model for what could be done with the Gardiner in Toronto. It was very cool!
Highline Park

 From there we headed to Central Park. Hendrik and I both like wandering around and exploring, so that’s what we did. Lots of neat things to see, so I’m just going to post some pictures.
Central Park
Alice in Wonderland statue.

On a rocky hill with a nice view of the city.

Massive globe in Columbus Circle.
 From Central Park, we headed to Times Square, passing through Columbus Circle first. Here are the requisite nighttime Times Square shots.
Times Square tourist shots!


Monday was definitely a long day. But there is just so much to see in New York!

No comments: