Family vacation! At the top of Pikk Herman (a tower in the parliament complex). (Only view of Tallinn I have, Dad took so many pictures, I didn't take any..)
So I've been in Estonia for about 2 weeks now and thought I should post a quick overview of what I've done so far. We've been to PƤrnu, where we finally got a nice day on the beach. We went to Viljandi, where we got a private tour of the really cool PƤrimusmuusika Ait - I can't wait for Viljandi Folk! (A festival I'm going to at the end of the month.) Then we spent some time in Tallinn with family and friends. There are so many Canadians here right now! Well, they're starting to leave now..
Above: View of the crowd from the (bottom of the) stage.
Below:View up from where I was standing.

Of course, the highlight so far was singing at the song festival with 26 000 other people. Not to mention the hundred thousand people plus in the audience who sang along for all the standard songs (Koit, Kaunimad laulud, etc.). It was my second one and was still mind blowing. There is just no way to describe the feeling of being on stage at a wildly significant cultural event. You'll just have to try it for yourself in 5 years!Below:View up from where I was standing.
After laulupidu, we went to Hiiumaa and then Saaremaa, both beautiful little islands. We found out we might have roots in Hiiumaa because there are a lot of people there with our last name. And there was a guy who looked exactly like my dad did at 15... I think there is some investigating to be done..
No comments:
Post a Comment